Recent Comments

Tuesday 19 March 2024

"Students' Welfarism My Utmost Priority" - Samsoniah

As the heat of the 2023/2024 Students Union elections at Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko intensifies, the unopposed candidate for the post of Welfare Director, Oluwatimileyin Samson Odebola, also known as "Samsoniah," in an interview with FUNMILAYO THOMAS emphasized prioritizing students' welfare if emerged.

Give a brief introduction of yourself

"I’m Oluwatimileyin Samson Odebola, popularly and politically addressed as Samsoniah, a 400L student from the Department of History Education under the Faculty of Education. I am aspiring for the post of SUG Welfare Director."

Your educational background

"Yes, in my 200L days, I served as a Librarian of my department under the leadership of the Jaunty-led administration and played a crucial role in my department. I assisted my level class representative in various ways, which contributed significantly to my people."

Why are you contesting for the position of Welfare Director?

"The reason why I decided to contest this post is because of the love I have for humanity. Also, part of the vision I have is to help people who need assistance in one way or the other. I am coming out to contest for this post to be able to assist fellow students because I’m deeply passionate about my students."

What is your motivation?

"My motivation for this post, as I said earlier, is to help and assist my fellow students in terms of needs and to help those who are facing depression with the help of God."

What next if you eventually emerged?

"If elected, my priority is to assist my fellow students and make an impact in students' lives, especially those facing challenges. Also, I have been planning to meet with those who are in a position that can be of help to our students. For example, politicians can help those facing challenges regarding the payment of school fees, and we can talk to them to open a bursary scheme for indigent students. Similarly, I will work with other executive members to obtain palliatives for students, mostly during the period of examination."

Your advice to all AAUAites

"My advice to AAUAites is that they should take care of themselves. Also, if I emerge as the AAUASU Welfare Director, I will make my office open to everyone to come to me and discuss any challenges they are facing and try to provide a solution to them. And for those facing depression, no matter what someone is facing in this life, there is a way out. We also have a counselling unit that can be of help by educating them."
Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support