Recent Comments

Tuesday 19 March 2024

"I'll work for AAUA progress" - Sardkiss


Ahead of the 2023/2024 Students Union elections at Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, the opposed candidate for the post of General Secretary, Oladele Sunday Adeniyi also known as Sardkiss in an interview with FUNMILAYO THOMAS has emphasised his readiness to work for the progress of the institution.

Kindly give a brief introduction of yourself

"I'm Oladele Sunday Adeniyi, a 400L student from the Department of Sociology, popularly addressed on and off campus as SARDKISS. I am also an aspirant vying for the position of Students’ Union General Secretary."

Your educational background

"I attended Christ Wisdom Nursery and Primary School, and also studied at Ondo Boys High School for my juniors (JSS1-3), before attending St. Joseph’s College Ondo for my seniors (SS1-3), before progressing to this prestigious institution, AAUA."

Why are you contesting for the position of General Secretary?

"We need to understand that Unionism is different from politics because unionism is about friendship and welfarism; welfarism in the sense that every position is working hand-in-hand for the wellness of the students and the growth of the university. Also, I know the functions of the General Secretary and I will definitely unleash them while working with other executives for the progress of our institution."

What motivated you?

"While I have started contesting as the Assistant General Secretary of my prestigious department, and being a great supporter of Comr. Elite who once served as the Students’ Union General Secretary, I was motivated and had it in mind that someday when I handle this position, I will do better while following his precedent and following the records of those who contested and served in this position diligently."

How would you feel if you emerged?

"Winning this election would be like a dream come true, but still I won’t be surprised because I have done well right from the moment I was matriculated in this prestigious institution."

What if you don't emerge?

"I am very certain AAUAITES are conscious and they all know what is right (Competence), and the reason why I am bringing myself before them and to serve in this capacity. I am sure AAUAITES will vote for me and I will win."

I am sure you have heard of godfatherism on campus and in mainstream politics, as a person, do you believe in godfatherism?

"Godfatherism exists even on campus, but I have never been into it, seek it, or believe in it. Because I have always been contesting for positions with my decision and not others."

Why do you think they will vote for you?

"AAUAITES are conscious and rational students and I am sure they know what is right. I am the right choice, dutiful, competent, and vibrant, who knows the “write thing”."

Your advice to all AAUAites.

"My advice to all AAUAITES is to come out massively on the 21st of this month to vote for me as the next Students’ Union General Secretary. Also, just as they are preparing for the Students’ Union election, they need to understand that they need to prioritize their academics and prepare well for this forthcoming examination to promote academic excellence not just for themselves but to retain the status of this university."

Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support