Recent Comments

Wednesday 20 March 2024

"I'll Improve The Secretariat Positively" - Kiki


An opposed candidate for the position of Assistant General Secretary in the forthcoming Students Union election at Adekunle Ajasin University, Ogunyemi Deborah Okikiolamiposi, also known as Kiki, in an exclusive interview with ECHO MEDIA emphasized her plan to positively improve the union's secretariat.

Briefly introduce yourself

"I'm Ogunyemi Deborah Okikiolamiposi, a student of Adekunle Ajasin University, currently in my 300L studying in the Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture."

What is your educational background?

"I attended AAUA Primary School, but due to relocation, I transferred and completed my primary education at Ipe Akoko. For secondary school, I initially attended Idoani Secondary School on a scholarship, but my father relocated me to Mount Carmel at Ikare, where I held positions such as class captain in JSS1, chapel prefect at the junior level, acting prefect in SSS2, and Social prefect in my final year. Similarly, in this prestigious institution, I served as the PRO of my department and am currently aspiring for the position of Assistant General Secretary (AGS)."

Why are you contesting for this position?

"During my tenure as the PRO in my department, I served and worked for the people. Also, I believe in myself, and my capabilities, and I am ready for the role, with God's grace and the support of the people. I am confident in my ability to be the next AGS of AAUA."

During your tenure as the PRO in your department, what was your contribution?

"I ensured the accurate dissemination of information and supported other stakeholders, relieving them of some duties. I fostered a positive student-executive relationship, making it easier for students to approach us."

What do you plan differently if you emerge?

"I plan to assist the General Secretary in improving and effecting positive change in the secretariat. I intend to learn from him and other stakeholders, and expedite the provision of ID Cards for the sec members."

Why AGS? Why not other positions?

"AGS, starting with 'Assistant,' implies collaboration with superiors. I chose this role as a starting point to gain experience in unionism and prepare for more challenging tasks ahead. I believe I am capable of fulfilling this role effectively."

What was your motivation?

"I observed the absence of women in union positions at our school. This spurred me to take on the challenge, hoping to inspire other female students. Additionally, I am passionate about serving the student body."

How will you feel if you emerge the winner?

"If I emerge victorious, I will be delighted and committed to serving the students to the best of my ability. I trust that success will come if it is in alignment with God's plan."

What if you don’t emerge the winner?

"If I do not emerge successful, I will experience disappointment but remain resilient. I will consider trying again if the opportunity arises."

Why do you think they will vote for you?

"I have raised awareness through early declaration and vigorous campaigning both on and off campus. Additionally, residing in the hostel, I have garnered support from my peers."

Your advice regarding the coming election and examination

"The election should be peaceful and should not disrupt school activities or tarnish anyone's reputation. For students preparing for exams, I advise diligent study and dedication."

Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support