Recent Comments

Wednesday 20 March 2024

"I'II Promote Transparency Through Effective Communication" - Olahtem


As an opposed candidate for the position of Treasurer in the upcoming Students Union election at Adekunle Ajasin University, Olayemi Temitope, popularly known as Olahtem in an exclusive interview with ECHO MEDIA has reiterated her plan to promote transparency through effective communication.

Briefly introduce yourself

“I'm Olayemi Temitope, a 400L student from the Department of Educational Management, popularly addressed on and off-campus as OLAHTEM. I am also an aspirant vying for the position of Students’ Union Treasurer.”

Your educational background

"I attended Milestone College Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria, where I earned my SSCE certificate (West African Examination Council) in 2018. I got admitted in 2019 to this prestigious institution. Additionally, I am a student of the Institute of Chartered Accountants."

What did you plan to do differently if you emerged?

"If I am elected as treasurer, I would like to make the budget more accessible and transparent to students and make the financial records more user-friendly and easy to understand. Also, I would create a system for tracking spending and budgeting to get feedback regarding the input on the budget."

What motivated you for this position?

"I have a desire to serve the student body and help them succeed in financial literacy."

How do you plan to work with other executives if elected?

"Effective communication enhances transparency. I'll work with the other executives to ensure we achieve our pledge to all AAUAites."

How will you feel if you emerge the winner?

“I would feel honoured and humbled by the trust that the students have placed in me.”

What if you don’t emerge the winner?

"I am confident that I will emerge as the winner in this coming poll."

I am sure you have heard of godfatherism on campus and in mainstream politics, as a person, do you believe in godfatherism?

"I do not believe in the concept of 'godfatherism' in campus politics. I believe that everyone should have an equal opportunity to succeed, regardless of who they know or who is backing them. I also believe that people should be judged on their actions, not on who they know or who is supporting them."

Why do you think students will vote for you?

"I am dedicated to listening to and understanding the needs of students and working to address those needs. With my experience in management and budgeting, coupled with the fact that it aligns with my field of study and also it’s of great advantage that I am a student of (ICAN) which is important for the role of treasurer."

Why the post of Treasurer?

“I have a strong interest in finance, management, financial management, and budgeting, and I feel like I could bring a lot of valuable skills and knowledge to the role. The interest of one is the interest of all. I am running for this post to protect the interest of the students through financial management and safeguarding the union finances.”

Your advice to all AAUAite

“To all students, make sure you are informed about the candidates before you vote and vote for the candidates who you believe will best represent your interests and values. Regarding the upcoming examination, don't forget to study for your exams! Make a study schedule and stick to it (Hard work pays). Get plenty of rest and eat healthy meals to keep your energy up and your brain sharp. Avoid procrastination and stay focused on your goals. Remember that your grades are important. Don’t relent.”

Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support