Recent Comments

Wednesday 3 May 2023

Disqualification: Adekunle Breaks Silence, Says 'Only The Messenger Can Be Killed Not The Message'

By: Boluwatife Adedokun 

The disqualified aspirant for the office of the Welfare Director, Folorunsho Hammed Adekunle, known as Adekunle for the forthcoming Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA) Students Union Election (SU), has expressed displeasure over his disqualification by people he tagged 'men of zero dignity in the corridor of power'.

Adekunle in a statement made available to campus journalists stated that nobody can kill a message, but can only succeed in killing the messenger who delivered the message.

While lauding AAUA students for their support so far in his political ambition, he disclosed that he has contributed to the humanitarian services and growth of the Institution.

He assured his continuous contribution to the development of the school even amidst every odds.

Recall that ECHO MEDIA had earlier reported that the Students Union Electoral Committee (SUEC) last week screened out two candidates based on Security Clearance. The two aspirants were Francis Adeosun, popularly known as Francophone, and Adekunle.

He added that he does not commit the said offense but listed among the perpetrators those who prioritize the dirtiness of 'politics' rather than Unionism to suppress his spirit of humanitarianism, take me out of the struggle, and cripple his ambition.

The statement read: "You Can Kill The Messenger But Not The Message, Adekunle Says Thank You To All AAUAITES" noted that he has contributed to the humanitarian services and growth of the Institution.

"The journey of my Undergraduate in Adekunle Ajasin University and Akungba Community was a worthy one beyond doubt. During this time I contributed my qoutas, selfless and humanitarian services to the growth of the University Community and this remain a pride for me forever.

"In the struggles of the Union, I sets the standard so high, challenged the status quo for the realisation of the essence of a Student Union. It was my integrity and rare antecedents that became a threat to men of zero dignity at the corridor of power who opted for my witch-hunting as alternative to bring me down and soil my hard-earned name to score political points.

"In relation to my disqualification from contesting at the AAUASU ELECTION on the ground of Security Issue. It's important for the sake of record that from my 100 days till this moment I never involved in any gross misconduct or criminal act contrary to the code of conduct of the University.

"However, my name was submitted in that defamatory list by those who prioritise the dirtiness of "politics" rather than Unionism in order to suppress my spirit of humanitarianism, take me out of the struggle and cripple my ambition.

"Nevertheless, my aspiration wasn't just mine and this made up the concept of *Awarawa Movement*, before the contest I was a great asset to the University Community and my relationship with every AAUAites backing my aspiration remain golden. 

"I am beyond grateful to every AAUAites who supported me throughout this time, thank you for the shout back during the house to house Campaign, the Campus Campaign under the scorching sun of Akungba and the consultations and the Class Campaign. This was not gotten on a platter of Gold but through my services; the bedrock of our relationship. 

"He who laugh last, laughs best.* To those drowning in pool joy of celebration on my witch-hunting, no one will be speared from the sword of history. You are not enough to stop the dreams. You are the big losers as well as our Union. Folorunsho Ahmed Adekunle Adisa, Shelter of Freedom, Majiyagbe of Yoruba Land, I came I saw and I conquered."

All right reserved: No part of the content may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.

Unauthorized use, reproduction, distribution, or transmission of any part of this website or its content is strictly prohibited and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties under applicable laws.

For permission to use any copyrighted material from this website, please contact ECHO MEDIA.
Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support