Recent Comments

Friday 21 May 2021

ECHOTAINMENT: "If I Find A Record Label, I Am Good To Go"- Lil Jay GoodBadBoy


Ajimitale Omolaye Goodluck, popularly known as Lil Jay GoodBadBoy, is an upcoming music artiste at Adekunle Ajasin University. In this interview with Emmanuel Peter, he shares his journey into music.

Kindly introduce yourself

My name is Ajimitale Omolaye Goodluck. I am popularly known as Lil jay. I come from a family of four, and I am the first son with three sisters.

I attended Progressive Nursery and Primary School Igbokoda for primary school education and Igbokoda Grammar School for my secondary school education.

 It has been God all through because I was not born with a silver spoon. I was born and brought up in Igbokoda, and relocated to Akwa in the year 2017.

Currently, I am a 100-level student of the Department of Sociology 

How have your educational and family backgrounds contributed to your musical career?

My educational background was cool. Although I am not brilliant like my parents want me to be, I am giving my best.

They know I am into music but believe that school comes first. However, they are supporting me with prayers; that is the most important.

How has been a musician being?

It has been good. However, I need more money to work on a lot of projects I have at hand.

Would you prefer running your musical career by yourself? Or being under a record label?

Both have advantages and disadvantages. Nevertheless, I wish to run it on my own but since there is no money to do, if I find a record label that’s ready to help, I  am good to go.

Running it on my own is the best because It provides me with freedom.

What are your advice to students and upcoming artiste?

My advice to all the talented upcoming artistes is not to give up. They should up with what they do and put God first because everything needs prayer.

Finally, they should believe people at the top started from the bottom too.


Share:

2 replies:

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support