Recent Comments

Thursday 10 June 2021

My Experience As A Student Of Human Kinetic Will Help Me As A Sports Director- Jackson

Oluwafemi Jackson


Adedokun Boluwatife.

Oluwafemi Jackson, popularly and politically known as Jackson, is a 300-level student of the Department of Human Kinetics. 

Currently, he is an aspirant for the office of the Students' Union Government, Sports Director.

In this interview with Boluwatife Adedokun, he talks about his experiences as a sportsman, as well as his mandates for office.

Kindly introduce yourself

I am Oluwafemi Jackson, an amateur wrestler of the Nigeria Wrestling Federation.

Tell us about your educational background

I attended St. Anthony R.C.M Àkúré, then proceeded to Omoluorogbo Grammar School, Akure.

Presently, I am studying Human Kinetics at  Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba 

Do you currently hold any leadership office? If yes, how is it preparing you for the office you are vying for?

While in 200level, I held the position of the Director of Sport in my department, and currently, I am the vice-captain of the Ondo State Wrestler.

The experiences I have gotten from functioning in both offices motivate me, and I am sure they going to help me achieve the plans I have for AAUAites.

What were your achievements as a departmental sports director?

As the sports director of my department, I was able to stage a very organized HOD cup competition and lecturer versus students football match. I also won a silver medal for the department in the NUESA deans game, and lots of gold in individual games.

In addition, I trained athletes from my department, who represented the faculty in the VC game and won Gold for the faculty.

How do you intend to deal with the challenges that come with being a sports director?

One of the challenges of being a leader is the ability to control the masses and satisfy them. However, I will work so well with other departmental and faculty sport directors to satisfy the needs and wants of all AAUAites when it comes to sporting activities. 

If you were to advise the current sports director, what advice would you give him?

I would advise him to keep doing the good work that he's been doing.

In this coming SUG election, why should AAUAites vote for you?

Firstly, I want AAUAites to vote for me because I possess the ability to manage, administrate and organize sporting activities.

Secondly, I  have long-term experience in the sporting world; this is my 10th year in wrestling

Lastly, as this is my third year as a student of Human Kinetics and Health Education, the experiences gathered in the department will be put to practice.

How do you think voting you will aid sports activities in AAUA?

Voting for me will benefit AAUAites in a very good way.

I plan to revitalize, rehabilitate and transform sporting activities on campus.

I would also sensitize students on the health and career benefits of participating in sporting activities.

Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support