Recent Comments

Friday 28 February 2020

Echotainment: "I started Writing Songs At Age 13" - Catalyst.



Olakanye Oluwafemi, popularly known as Catalyst, is a musician and song writer. He shares his journey into music with Emoruwa Glorious

How did you launch into music?
I started writing songs at age 13. My parents were supportive from the start, so that was a big push to my passion. They always gave me that lift. Also, I am happy I am into music because it's my number one joy. It gives me real joy when I see people singing along or playing my songs- it's a beautiful thing.

How many songs have you released?
I have been featured in over 9 songs, written over 20 songs, and released four personal owned tracks namely;
Catalyst ft Thowbias, Lizgutsy- Mega Super Star
Catalyst Ft MC Dekola-Mumu Button
Catalyst- All Night Long.
Catalyst - For You

Which of your songs do you consider your best?
I don't have a best song. I just feel I put my best into every song I put out; for my fans to like and fall in love with. I recently dropped another song titled- ''For You". It's another song that means so much to me.

What efforts are you putting into being a master of your art?
Every man improves once he practices constantly, no matter the field. Everyday, I strive to become a better musical artiste in every part, even in character. I can only achieve that by being consistent and hardworking, God crowns it all.

Aside from music, what else are you passionate? 
I am currently a Mass Communicator in training, and I have the passion for my course of study. However, I would link whatever I am doing to entertainment, because entertainment is everything to me.

What is the weirdest or funniest question you’ve ever been asked in an interview?
If I was actually dating a musical colleague, lol. The question came at almost every interview, so it was tiring .

Finally, If you had one message for your fans, what would it be?
I love them so much and promise to work harder and give them the best, always!
They are not fans but family.
Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support