Recent Comments

Monday 19 February 2024

INTERVIEW: 'I'll partner with female-concern organisations for development'–TEMMIEROSE

Miss Rotimi Temitope Roseline, also known as Temmierose, currently holds the position of Vice President at Adekunle Ajasin University Students' Union (AAUASU) and is now aiming to become the Chairperson of the National Female Students Association of Nigeria (NFSAN) Ondo State chapter. In an exclusive interview with SOPHIE ADINLEWATemmierose shared her motivations for seeking the role and her vision for the future if elected.


What motivated you to run for this post?

My motivation for the post has to do with my passion for public speaking and sanitizing the female mostly, especially the younger generation (teens). Growing up wasn’t easy for me, and I strive. If I can do it, I feel they can do more. This is just an avenue to give back to society.

How has your current office as the AAUA Students' Union Vice President helped build you for this post you're aspiring to?

I was inaugurated into office on the 23rd of May as the AAUASU Vice President. It’s really amazing gaining experience like how to manage people. Controlling over 5,000 adults and youth is not a small task. I have learned a lot of leadership skills. I have got to know that being in power is different from being a leader.

Do you think you are uniquely qualified to serve in this role?

I have served at various levels, and I have proven to make a difference in every post I have served. AAUA is a living example. Through my office, I organized a learning skills avenue for the students, where they were taught blogging and graphic design without getting a dime from the union purse. We partnered with initiatives like (Dakis). My office also organized a symposium where different business experts were invited. If I am given this opportunity, I will do more.

What were your experiences with campaigns and challenges so far regarding the forthcoming NFSAN election?

My campaign journey has been good, but more engaging and allowed me to meet other comrades from different schools within Ondo State. I trust the CPC members to give a free and fair election. I am confident that by the grace of God and the will of the people, I will emerge.

What do you hope to accomplish if you win this position?

If I emerge, I will enlighten the association about its responsibility as a female association within Ondo State and also partner with organizations that have female concerns at heart to encourage them and enlighten them to discover themselves as women and also create opportunities and avenues for a better future. Providing educational materials to secondary schools and giving the association more publicity.

Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support