Recent Comments

Wednesday 21 February 2024

"I'll Ensure Digital Transformation Through Innovative Programs”– Big Sam

Agbelusi Samuel Oluwafemi, also known as 'Big Sam', a recent graduate of Political Science from Adekunle Ajasin University, is vying for the position of Secretary-General of the National Association of University Students (NAUS), Ondo State chapter. In an exclusive interview with ALADEJANA RASHEED, Agbelusi outlined his motivations and prospects ahead of the upcoming election, aiming for a digital transformation of the association's secretariat to enhance members' knowledge and skills if elected.

What motivated you to run for this political position?

"The desire to serve using my ability and competence is a key motivation for me to run for the position of NAUS Secretary-General. I have always believed in ensuring a just society, and for it to happen, we must have competent people in their respective fields. This is my way of contributing to the development of our society and our association."

What makes you uniquely qualified to serve in this role?

"My track record in serving in various capacities and the difference made in these positions are enough evidence to show my competence for this position. For example, as the General Secretary of the National Association of Akure Students (NAAS) National, I have partnered with organizations that have helped our members grow and enhance capacity development. If I am elected to serve at NAUS, I am going to do more and ensure the quality secretariat of our time is achieved. Using the #TheWriteChoice shows that I am the most qualified for this position."

What do you hope to accomplish if you win this position?

"With victory assured by God’s grace, I will ensure a digital transformation of our secretariat through the use of innovative programs that will boost our members' knowledge and skills. Also, my aim in ensuring a quality secretariat will ensure that an inclusive system is implemented and maintained to carry all members along in the decision-making process of our association. There is a lot more I would love to accomplish once I emerge victorious."

What is your vision for the future if you are elected?

"My vision for NAUS is to partner with world-renowned organizations and individuals that will enhance the beliefs of the association and promote the growth and development of our members. It is high time we put our members on the world map through the implementation of innovative solutions to problem-solving issues and many more."

What has your experience been like campaigning for this position and What have been some of the biggest challenges you have faced while campaigning?

"My campaign journey has been very interesting and engaging. It has helped me connect with members across Ondo State. My experience so far is very good as I have been speaking and sharing my ideas with our members on how I intend to reshape the structure of the secretariat. My biggest challenge now is the proximity of the location between the five institutions under the association, but then I take it as a personal sacrifice to ensure the growth of this association."

Do you feel that you have a good chance of winning this position?

"Yes, I do. I will surely win this position because my records are there, and the people are solidly behind this aspirationn."
Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Definition List

Unordered List

Support