Recent Comments

Sunday 8 March 2020

Mass Communication Student Bags Best SIWES Student Award


Folashade Azeez receiving her award of excellence
Clarion Olusegun

A student of the Department of Mass Communication, Adekunle Ajasin University, Afolashade Azeez has been awarded as the best student of the 2018/2019  Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES).

The award of excellence was presented to her on Thursday during the 2019/2020 SIWES orientation programme.

In an exclusive interview with our correspondent, Azeez described the achievement as a dream come true and a deserved one.

According to her, bagging the award was a function of her determination, hardwork and deliberate attitude to work.

She said, " During the last year SIWES orientation, an award was presented to a lady, who was also from the Department of Mass Communication. Then, I told myself I could also get it; this moved me to do the needful. Probably, other students were present, but my own intention was getting it. So, I was very happy when it came, because I put in my efforts and I got it. In fact, the orientation we had before we left for our industries really helped me to work harder.

Talking about her challenges, she said " My major challenge was faced when my first industry-based supervisor was changed, and I was attached to another person who wouldn't take me to events as a reporter. This made me walk up to other reporters in the organization, so they could help me perform my duties diligently. They all did well by taking me to events for reports.

She further advised all SIWES students to set their priorities right and be true to themselves.

Azeez added, "If you are sincere to yourself, there is nothing you cannot achieve. Don't deceive yourself "
Share:

0 replies:

Post a Comment

Definition List

Unordered List

Support